Dr. Walid Cheffi is an associate professor of accounting at KFUPM Business School, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals in KSA. He earned his PhD in accounting at PSL-Paris Dauphine University. Before Joining KFUPM University, he held academic positions in reputed institutions in France and the UAE. He also served in managerial positions such as chair of the accounting department. His research interests focus on sustainability performance measurement and management control. He has many publications on the subjects to his credit. He published in respected international journals such as: British Accounting Review; Journal of Business Ethics; Journal of Management Control, Production; Planning and Control; International Journal of Project Management; Journal of Business Research; Business strategy and the Environment, etc. He has also served as Guest Editor for special issues of repuable journals.
PhD in Accounting_PSL-University of Paris Dauphine
Accounting, Sustainability and Governance
1. Ethical leadership, management control systems and circular economy in SMEs in an emerging economy, the UAE”, with MK Zahir-ul-Hassan, MO Farooq, A Baqrain. and M. Mansour, Journal of Business Research, 2023
2. “CSR initiatives, organizational performance and the mediating role of integrating CSR into management control systems: Testing an inclusive model within SMEs in an emerging economy.” W. Cheffi, A. Abdel-Maksoud, and M.O. Farooq, Journal of Management Control, 2021, pp. 1-35
3. “Corporate Social Responsibility Antecedents and Practices as a path to enhance organizational performance: The case of Small and Medium sized Enterprises in a fast-growing economy”, with , C. Malesios, A. Abdel-Maksoud, S. Abdennadher, and P. Dey, 2021, Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, in press.
4. “Evaluation of e-corporate governance effectiveness amongst listed companies in France”, with S. Abdennadher, 2020, Corporate Governance Journal, Vol. 20 No. 4, pp. 673-702.
5. “Circular Economy to Enhance Sustainability of Small and Medium sized Enterprises”, with Dey, P. K., Malesios, C., Budhwar, S., Chowdhury, 2020, Business Strategy and the Environment, Vol 29., Issue 6, pp. 2145-2169.